Introduction to PPR one day overview workshop presentation
- PPR one day workshop presentation (.pptx file)
- Condensed version for Review Study Leaders PPR mapping (.pptx file)
Note: This workshop adopts a simple approach to process mapping while acknowledging that a whole plethora of advice is available to satisfy people who would like to progress to greater complexity.
- The slides are template free to enable adoption to your own organisation template.
- Animations function (enabled) for gradual revealing of slide information.
- Incorporates notes pages with synopsis information and facilitator observations (please note these are not intended to be full tutor notes).
- Workshop timings and refreshment breaks are deliberately omitted reflecting the agile approach to workshop delivery. Facilitator will need to use their intuition with regard to workshop content flow.
- A condensed version is available for process study review leaders to subsequently conduct a process mapping review workshop.
It is good practice to send pre workshop information out to delegates two weeks in advance.
- prep workshop information is contained in delegate handouts section
- your Process Review Draft Terms of Reference
- link to the SUMS Participative Process Change good practice guide (pdf)
Workshop set up requirements
- Room requirements
- A large room equipped with a PC, projector, sound, internet connection, flipchart stand and paper, optional whiteboard
- Room layout
- Key requirement is formation of one long table minimum 1 meter in width to enable rollout of plotting paper. Ideally space to move around table for discussions
For the workshop
- Workshop handouts including a copy of the draft terms of reference
- Flip chart paper and pens
For process mapping activities
- Roll of paper: we recommend 36” (914 mm) CAD plotting paper rolls average price £22 per roll: alternatively double strength lining paper is usually smaller at 540mm and cheaper
- A metre ruler (or long straightedge) to draw up swim lanes
- Post it notes (various colours) 76mm by 127 mm and 76mm by 76mm
- Blue tack
We also suggest that the process study review leader brings a camera device with them to record images of output materials in case originals become unstuck post workshop transit.