After undertaking workshops in seven different HEIs, the PPR project team produced a report of the findings and eight case studies. The project found that performing process reviews can result in significant efficiency savings for teams and that the participatory nature of a PPR brought teams closer together and highlighted issues that might otherwise have been overlooked.
- Final report (.pdf file)
The following eight case studies are examples of process reviews assisted by the PPR workshop format developed at Oxford Brookes University. They show that PPRs can be used in variety of different departments with different purposes and tasks to complete. They highlight the benefits of a participative team-based approach and the potential for positive change in an organisation.
- Case study 1: short course administration (.docx file)
- Case study 2: course information management (.docx file)
- Case study 3: annual course evaluation (.docx file)
- Case study 4: housing damage recovery (.docx file)
- Case study 5: summer school accommodation bookings (.docx file)
- Case study 6: academic promotions procedure (.docx file)
- Case study 7: post offer conversion (.docx file)
- Case study 8: student expense claims (.docx file)